You are here: Start » Filter Reference » Camera Support » MATRIX VISION » mvGenTLAcquire_GrabImage
Captures a frame from MATRIX VISION cameras using mvGenTLAcquire SDK.
|inDeviceID||String*||Device name or serial number of device|
|inPixelFormat||MVGenTLPixelFormat*||Pixel format of output image|
|inExposureTime||Integer*||1 - +||Exposure time value|
|inFrameRate||Real*||1.0 -||Frame rate in FPS|
|inAoi||Box*||Required fragment of image to stream|
|inTriggerSource||MvIMPACTTriggerSource||Source of trigger|
Camera driver software
This filter is intended to cooperate with a camera using its vendor SDK. To be able to connect to a camera, it is required to install mvGenTL Acquire SDK software with camera dedicated drivers.
mvGenTL Acquire SDK software can be downloaded from the following website: www.matrix-vision.com. For Aurora Vision Studio 32-bit, mvGenTL Acquire x86 version is needed. For Aurora Vision Studio 64-bit, mvGenTL Acquire x86_x64 version of SDK is required.
Recommended mvGenTL Acquire SDK version for usage with Aurora Vision Studio is 2.49.0.
When there is only one camera connected to the computer, field inDeviceID can be set to Auto. In such case, first available camera will be found and connected.
inDeviceID can be used to pick one of multiple cameras connected to the computer. inDeviceID can be set to:
- serial number - it should be specified on the device casing(e.g. GX001559),
- product name - it finds camera by name (might be the same for many cameras). The product name is a bit more specific than the family name, but less specific than the serial number(e.g. mvBlueCOUGAR-X100wG),
- product number - it finds camera by family name(e.g. mvBlueCOUGAR).
Most of the parameters exposed by camera filters are optional, setting them to Auto leaves related parameter for automatic configuration by the camera driver.
To change other and more advanced camera parameters, use the wxPropView available with mvGenTL Acquire SDK. Refer to SDK documentation for information about parameters and how to save them into memory channels.
This filter is available on Basic Complexity Level.
This filter is member of mvGenTLAcquire_GrabImage filter group.
- mvGenTLAcquire_GetDigitalIOState – Returns the state of digital inputs or outputs from matrix vision cameras.
- mvGenTLAcquire_SetDigitalOutput – Sets matrix vision camera digital outputs.