You are here: Start » Filter Reference » Computer Vision » Image Analysis » CompareGoldenTemplate_Edges
Compares image edges with the edges of a perfect template. Significant differences are considered defects.
|inGoldenTemplate||EdgeGoldenTemplate||Golden edge template containing image with no defects|
|inGoldenTemplateAlignment||CoordinateSystem2D||Adjusts the golden template to the position of the inspected object|
|inStdDevX||Real||0.0 -||Amount of horizontal smoothing used by the edge filter|
|inStdDevY||Real*||0.0 -||Amount of vertical smoothing used by the edge filter (Auto = inStdDevX)|
|inEdgeThreshold||Real||0.0 -||Sufficient edge strength; edges of that strength will always be detected on the input image|
|inEdgeHysteresis||Real||0.0 -||Value by which the edge threshold is decreased for edge points neighboring with sufficiently strong edges|
|inMaxDistance||Integer||0 -||Maximal allowed distance between corresponding edges on the input and golden image|
|outDefects||Region||Region of detected defects|
|outDefectsPresent||Bool||Flag indicating whether any defects were detected|
|outMissingEdges||Region||Edges present on the golden image that are missing on the input image|
|outExcessiveEdges||Region||Edges that are not present on the golden image|
|outImageEdges||Region||Edges on the input image|
|outGoldenEdges||Region||Edges on the golden image|
|outMatchingEdges||Region||Golden edges present on the input image|
|outObjectPosition||Rectangle2D||Position of the object being compared|
This filter compares edges given input image with an image stored in a golden template and then, as a result, creates a region containing only pixels where edges are different.
This method is especially useful for finding defects of the object shape. Due to invulnerability to color changes, it may be used in appliances with changing light conditions.
Parameter inMaxDistance defines the maximal distances of two edges that should be treated as the same edge.
To prepare image and area to be compared in it you can use CreateGoldenTemplate_Edges filter or property window.
Mostly the inEdgeThreshold and inEdgeHysteresis parameters should have the same value as in CreateGoldenTemplate_Edges filter. The values should be changed however if the brightness of the input image is significantly different from the brightness of the golden image used in CreateGoldenTemplate_Edges. The inEdgeThreshold can be also decreased slightly if one wants to concentrate on missing edges or increased to concentrate on excessive edges.
More information about this technique can be found in Machine Vision Guide: Golden Template.
- A golden template comparison filter should be preceded with filters finding the object in certain location. Most typically we do this with LocateSingleObject_Edges1 filter.
- Connect the inImage input with the image containing the object.
- Select an image with a perfect object and use it to create golden template using the CreateGoldenTemplate_Edges filter.
- Set inEdgeThreshold, inEdgeHysteresis, inStdDevX and inStdDevY as in DetectEdges_AsRegion filter. These will control detection of the edges used for object comparison.
- Set inMaxDistance to specify the maximum spatial deviation between the edges on the input image and the edges on the template.
Due to performance, it is recommended to create a template using the CreateGoldenTemplate_Edges filter outside a main loop of a program. It will create a model only once, instead of each iteration.
This filter can throw an exception to report error. Read how to deal with errors in Error Handling.
List of possible exceptions:
|DomainError||No valid golden template on input in CompareGoldenTemplate_Edges.|
This filter is available on Basic Complexity Level.
This filter is member of CompareGoldenTemplate filter group.
- CreateGoldenTemplate_Intensity – Creates golden template for application in CompareGoldenTemplate_Intensity filter.
- CompareGoldenTemplate_Intensity – Compares an image with a template image considered to have no defects.