Outputs a string through a connected TCP socket.
|inSocket||SocketId||Connected socket ID.|
|inText||String||Text to send through socket.|
|inSuffix||String||Additional data to send, like a newline, escaped.|
This filter writes textual data to a connected socket.
The text from inText is sent through the connected socket, and if the inSuffix is given, it is sent after. Either parameter can be the empty string, but when both are empty, no data is sent through the socket. The text is sent using UTF-8 encoding.
The value on the inSuffix input can contain escape sequences.
An escaped string contains escape sequences, which are combinations of the \ (backslash) and another character, which have special meaning. The supported escape sequences are:
- \r - carriage return (ASCII 13)
- \n - new line (ASCII 10)
- \t - tab character (ASCII 9)
- \\ - verbatim backslash \
This filter can raise IoError when the connection is broken or closed by the other side, when the output buffer overflows because the other side is not receiving data or receiving data too slow, or when other network-related error occurred.
For more information about using this filter, please follow the link: Using TCP/IP Communication.
This filter is available on Basic Complexity Level.
Disabled in Lite Edition
- TcpIp_ReadLine – Reads from a connected TCP socket until receiving a specific sequence.
- TcpIp_ReadBuffer – Receives a fixed number of bytes from a connected TCP socket.
- TcpIp_WriteBuffer – Outputs a block of raw data through a connected TCP socket.
Application Notes: Using TCP IP Communication - document about connecting devices or establishing communication with Aurora Vision Studio.