Captures an image from a smart camera. Allows for remote access to the runtime system.
|inIpAddress||SmartIPAddress||IP address of the runtime system (e.g. a smart camera)|
|inDeviceID||GenAddress*||Tries to find the camera in all available IDs (UserID, VendorName, ModelName...)|
- Check the IP address of your runtime system (e.g. using the "ipconfig" command) and set it to the inIpAddress input.
- Set an appropriate inPixelFormat.
- Run the program on you runtime system and the camera filter will acquire images directly on it.
- Run the program on your development machine (e.g. your laptop) connected to the same Ethernet and the camera filter will receive images through a connection with the runtime system.
- Turn off the firewall on the device where the runtime system is launched.
- Check the inDeviceID parameter and either select the GenTL device from the manager ([...] icon on the right) or manually set the parameters if the GenTL is not available (plus icon on the left). In this case you have to fill in all the positions on the list (inDeviceID.VendorName, inDeviceID.TLType, inDeviceID.DeviceID).
For more information about Remote Access to the Runtime Application please refer to the following article. Please pay attention especially to the second part of the article, there you will find a detailed description of remote image grabbing procedure.
This filter can throw an exception to report error. Read how to deal with errors in Error Handling.
List of possible exceptions:
|RuntimeError||Smart_GrabImage_GenICam is not supported in the Lite edition.|
This filter is available on Basic Complexity Level.
This filter is member of Smart_GrabImage filter group.