Ready-to-use tool for extracting and splitting character to single characters.
|inImage||Image||An input image with text|
|inRoi||Rectangle2D||Location of the text|
|inRoiAlignment||CoordinateSystem2D||Adjusts the region of interest to the position of the inspected object|
|inSegmentationModel||TextSegmentation||Model used for separating text from background|
|outCharacters||RegionArray||Split characters aligned to ROI|
|diagTextRegion||Region||Region of text after extraction|
|diagAlignedCharacters||RegionArray||Character regions preserving original image orientation|
|diagAlignedRoi||Rectangle2D||ROI rectangle after alignment|
This filter distinguish characters from the background using a set of algorithms. This filter performs two steps: text extraction and text segmentation:
- Text extraction – in this step filter uses some basic thresholding methods to get a characters region from the image.
- Text segmentation – split previously found region into separate regions contains character.
Input inRoi should contains only a single line of text.
- Connect the inImage input with an appropriate image source. Make sure that this image is available (the program was previously run).
- If the object location is variable, connect an appropriate local coordinate system to inRoiAlignment.
- Before defining inSegmentationModel first specify inRoi – the rectangle in which characters will be extracted.
- After inRoi is defined, enter the graphical editor for the inSegmentationModel. Answer a few simple questions to choose one of the predefined sets of parameters.
- Within the graphical editor select parameters for Text Extraction and for Text Segmentation.
To read more about how to use OCR technique, refer to Machine Vision Guide: Optical Character Recognition
This filter can throw an exception to report error. Read how to deal with errors in Error Handling.
List of possible exceptions:
|DomainError||Invalid segmentation algorithm in ExtractText.|
|DomainError||Invalid thresholding algorithm in ExtractText.|
This filter is available on Basic Complexity Level.