Checks whether the input object is equal to another object.
|inObject||<T>||First of the objects being compared|
|inReferenceObject||<T>||Second of the objects being compared|
|outIsEqual||Bool||'True' if the objects are equal, 'False' otherwise|
The type of this filter is defined using the type variable T which represents any valid type. Read more.
Please note, that this filter can be concretized only with basic data types and structures of such types. Concretizing the filter with a non-comparable complex data type, such as Image or Region, will raise a Domain Error. For complex types you can use appropriate non-generic filters that work with such types.
Using this filter to compare data of type Real (or structures with this type) may be tricky. It is caused by the fact that very small (unnoticeable) differences in values of such types may lead to unpredictable negative results in comparison of these values.
This filter can throw an exception to report error. Read how to deal with errors in Error Handling.
Non-comparable complex data type "TypeName" used in TestObjectEqualTo.
This filter is available on Expert Complexity Level.
This filter is member of TestObject filter group.
- TestIntegerEqualTo – Checks whether two integers are equal.
- TestRealEqualTo – Checks whether two reals are equal.
- TestStringEqualTo – Compares two strings character by character.
- TestImageEqualTo – Tests whether two images equal.
- TestRegionEqualTo – Tests whether given regions are equal.
- TestObjectUnequalTo – Checks whether the input object is not equal to another object.